Lots and Lots of updates...

There are many developments that have taken place in my bridal world since my last post - oh so very long ago.

  • I selected my gown in January. It is a Maggie Sottero gown in Ivory with falling lace and tons of sparkle. You know I've gotta have my bling :) I also purchased a tiara and veil (no blusher despite Tim's complaints)
  • We finally selected our wedding colors which ended up just being purple, purple and more purple! I'm hoping I can add a splash of yellow or green into the arrangements to break things up a bit
  • That same month the girls and I got together and selected bridesmaids gowns. We went to infamous and very pink Bridaltown. We ended up selecting a very elegant floor-length, strapless, draped chiffon dress in plum. Although it was not what I originally saw my girls wearing, everyone looked great in it. I'm just hoping the girls have it shortened after the wedding so they can wear it again. Right now we are awaiting their arrival so we can order the tuxes.
  • Our flower girl, Ms. Emmalynn, has her dress and will definitely attempt to steal the spot light ;-)
  • I discovered there are few places in Lancaster capable of doing the 'morning-of-beauty' I had long imagined having. I eventually tracked down Visage a Visage, a salon (with limo service!) that fits the bill. All of the wedding party ladies will have a full morning of beautification including hair, make-up, and nails at no cost to them. I'm hoping this will be a relaxing way to what is sure to be a crazy day.
  • One of the most exciting items we've worked on are the invitations. I've known Tim for several years now yet I had no idea he was so picky when it comes to selecting fine stationary. We visited papyrus three times before finally picking out our lovely invitations. We selected a stacked design by Checkerboard featuring our monogram and a lovely scroll design. Keep your eyes out for these beauties to grace a doorstep near you. Our color arrangement is slightly different - yes purple :)
  • One of the best experiences we've had was our engagement photo session. Carmen Blike was nice enough to extend her standard 1.5 hour session to 3 in order to accommodate our furry friends. We were so pleased with the outcome.
  • We booked Kate Epperly, a family friend who relocated to Lancaster, to perform the ceremony
  • The Eden Resort renovated the our reception room. At first I was concerned but in the end I was very pleased with the changed.
  • In a moment of total panic I frantically searched for florists. I decided to book Royers Flowers. I have some ideas for the table arrangements and I can't wait to meet with them and see how plausible they really are.
Love this style of arrangement!
  • Some disappointing news was the discovery the organ in our chapel is in such disrepair that is basically non-functional. Most of the official players listed refused to play, however, one player suggested an option: using a keyboard to replicate the sound. For that suggestion, he was hired.
Almost Done With The List!!! Bare with me a bit longer....
  • Two weekends ago Tim and I piled the dogs in the car traveled to Hershey, PA to visit a DJ. At first we were skeptical but after an hour of chatting, we found out just how many weddings he does and felt comfortable enough to hire him.
  • LAST BUT NOT LEAST!! Tim and I set up our registry with Bed Bath and Beyond. We picked everything from our towels to our china, a delicate Royal Doulton with silver accents. We wanted to register with Lowes or Home Depot but both stores have discontinued their registry services. We will probably register with Sears to compensate for this home improvement loss.
  • WAIT ONE MORE THING!! We booked our honeymoon!! Sandals Antigua. We are both so excited!!

0 comments: